Ranking Factors That Continue to Be Important for SEO in 2015 May 18th, 2015 Published on: | 411 Locals Author: | Category:Google, How To's and Guides
We are all familiar with the hundreds of different key factors that either contribute to the rank of our website, or do the opposite – they bring it down. However, as the advancements go, we constantly see changes and fluctuations in Google’s results. This brings to mind that some things may pass, but other things will always stay the same.
In general, a reliable and efficient SEO strategy that 411 Locals would suggest consists of several key features:
Conflict Resolution in the Workplace May 11th, 2015 Published on: | 411 Locals Author: | Category:How To's and Guides, Marketing
We all can become emotional at work; a favorite project was canceled after you put a lot of work into it, a friend is fired, problems with a coworker, difficult customers, a difficult boss, etc. The extent to which these things bother some varies but everyone feels these things. The problem is of course that while at work you cannot let it affect your performance. This is especially vital for managers, directors, and others in a position of authority because those sorts of negative feelings can begin to infiltrate the entire office.
Ignoring it or trying to build a shell around yourself are both short term solutions and are as likely to cause an even worse blowup over time, so instead let’s look at ways to handle things (more…)
Super Secrets to Great Copy Copywriters Don’t Want You to Know! April 27th, 2015 Published on: | 411 Locals Author: | Category:How To's and Guides
1. There is no secret.
2. There is no secret.
3. Okay there are a few secrets. Here they are.
Choose your weapon. Have you ever been talking to someone when they suddenly switched accents on you, but kept on going as if nothing at all had happened? Maybe not but that would be odd. How about if you thought you were talking about the game last night and it went something like, “That was a touchdown. Those refs are blind and did you know that my cat hates mittens? My team has a chance but kitten mittens are not a good idea I don’t care how much it rhymes.” What on earth are you supposed to do with that conversation? Are we talking about cat apparel or the football game? You would never hear that in real life, but you see it in copy all the time: “If you don’t invest in this right now the sky will fall and you will miss the opportunity of a lifetime and did you know the future is bright and we’re a great happy company to invest with?” Huh? Wait am I hoarding for the apocalypse or skipping to candy land with a smile on my face? “Both! Just buy buy buy! Whatever works!” You don’t necessarily need to have the same voice in every ad and piece of marketing material (though one brand identity is the best approach). At the very least don’t mix emotional messages, or even style, in a single piece. How does it happen to start with? Too many voices want to be heard, everyone wants skin in the game. It is okay (if you do your marketing in-house) to get input and information from as many places as possible, that’s a good thing, but pick a direction and stick with it, and try to have a single writer and a single designer for a single project. (more…)
Tax Deductions Small Businesses Miss April 20th, 2015 Published on: | 411 Locals Author: | Category:How To's and Guides
1. You have a cell phone? What percent of those calls are business related? Are all of them? Did you bring a bunch of pens from home? Where’d that printer paper come from? The stapler was in your desk at home so you brought it to work and now it’s the work stapler? All that stuff counts so make a list and say “Here accountant, work your magic.”
2. Measure the square footage of home space used exclusively for business. This isn’t just for work-from-home businesses. Is the overflow stock sitting in your garage? Measure it. Do you have a computer at home dedicated solely for work purposes because you can’t have the kids downloading their viruses and MP3s where you store work stuff? Measure the area it’s in. (more…)
Direct Mail Basics and the Fundamentals of Marketing April 15th, 2015 Published on: | 411 Locals Author: | Category:How To's and Guides, Marketing
It’s the most basic type of marketing collateral in many ways:
– It speaks directly to a prospect because it is personal.
– It demands some WOW factor because, unlike billboards, television, radio, even the Internet to an extent, the reader is never in a passive mode and is always on the verge of disregarding the message if you do not keep their interest.
– These pieces are most effective when simple – with a clear benefit, call to action, and deadline. (more…)